Thursday 14 April 2011

Booking Through Thursday (3)

Up until recently, people could browse your bookshelves and learn a lot about you–what your interests are, your range of topics, favorite authors, how much you read (or at least buy books).
More and more, though, this is changing. People aren’t buying books so much as borrowing them from the library. Or reading them on their e-readers or computers. There’s nothing PHYSICAL on the shelves to tell strangers in your home, for better or worse, who you ARE.
Do you think this is a good thing? Bad? Discuss!

This is HORRIBLE!
I hate the idea of not owning physical books...
Of not being able to walk into a room and see a pile of familiar novels...
Of not touching the cool pages and admiring the shine of a brand new spankin' book!
Computers and e-readers will rob the true beauty of reading...You can't exactly cuddle up with your laptop!
Books reflect who we are!  They brighten up a room ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm also not a big fan of e-readers. I love the feel of the book in my lap as i'm relaxing in front of my porch window. There's no better feeling. I don't see myself ever relaxing reading something on a kindle. Though, i have read e-books before but they have strictly been on my PC and I've never had much of a pleasant experience reading them. Books should be left in their original format, the way they were meant to be enjoyed.

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte.

    ReplyDelete