Sunday 17 April 2011

Review: Fallen

Fallen
by Lauren Kate
5/5

Summary (Goodreads)

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Quote
"The tender pressure of his lips soothed her, like a warm drink in the dead of the winter, when every part of her felt so cold." Lauren Kate (Fallen)
 
Review

"Fallen" was one of those unique reads that had the ability to pick me up and transport me into a very real setting. The imagery it provoked was breathtaking!
This very sweet love story was ironically set in a very scary reform school...There's passion, action, secrecy, friendship, and romance...
Character development was fantastic as each character was very unique. I found myself caring for so many of these so-called "mentally unstable" people.
It is hard to write this review without including spoilers for there are so many twists and surprises that build this captivating storyline. The love triangle between Luce, Cam, and Daniel made it very difficult for me to choose my favourite guy.
"Fallen" is about a love the transcends through time...A love that remains strong over hundreds of years.
I recommend it for anyone in the mood for an exciting paranormal romance!


...I can't wait to read "Torment"!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read this one for awhile - glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally picked this book up because of the cover! It's so gorgeous, but glad you enjoyed this book too! Hope you'll enjoy Torment :)

    *New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review!!Especially since I've heard some negative comments about the book.Glad you liked it. Adding it to TBR.
    Also I gave you the One Lovely Little Blog Award,so stop by my blog to check the post out. COngrats!!
    Mia
    http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this as well and I'm always happy to find a fellow fan! I found Torment a bit more difficult to get into than Fallen, but I think it may have been due to the time lag between reading the first and second. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mia...Thank you sooooo much! :D

    @Jessi...I'm just itching to read "Torment"! I'll try not to wait too long in between ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for follownig me! Your blog is beautiful :) I liked Fallen, but not nearly as much as you did. It took me a while to get into it, but I'm hoping Torment will be good :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete