Friday 8 April 2011

Follow Friday (2)

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I have read many books with horrible covers that were absolutely amazing!  However, I must admit that I'm a sucker for gorgeous covers...I am more inclined to read a book if it's visually appealing.  This method of choosing a book is bound to bring disappointment every once in while.  Sometimes beautiful covers mask a horrible storyline!...and vice versa ;)

The Luxe had a mouthwatering cover, but was in reality a very boring historical romance...
The Turquoise Mask (ancient with a very bad cover) was a great mystery with fantastic characters... 


8 comments:

  1. I think we're all suckers for gorgeous covers. Love your banner! Very cute. New follower. =]

    That's What Liz Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too! The cover doesn't always make the book, I've read some pretty bad books with gorgeous covers. I'm a new follower! My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! Some books have bleh covers but the content is simply amazing!!

    New follower :) Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thanks so much for stopping by The Lovely Getaway :) Just returning the love!!

    Diana
    ps. suttee blog! love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've definitely experienced the same thing- a super hot cover with a total dud inside!

    Btw, I'm a new follower! Your blog is really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we can all agree that even the most beautiful book cover can't sell a book if the writing's not there. Book cover art may, at best, help steer me in the book's direction (especially if I'm in a book store) but it's not going to hypnotize me into buying it right then and there.

    I expound on all the marketing qualities of a good book. Just follow me back to my book blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank God it's Follow Friday!?

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! You have a gorgeous blog :) Visiting for follow friday (I know I'm a little late!).

    *New Follower*

    Sarah @ Inklings Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard not to judge a book by its cover! Because the first thing that comes to your mind is appearance. It's tough! I do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete