Tuesday 5 April 2011

Review: Ransom My Heart

Ransom My Heart
By Princess of Genovia Mia Thermopolis with help from Meg Cabot
4/5 stars
Summary (Goodreads)
 
He's a tall, handsome knight with a secret. She's an adventurous beauty with more than a few secrets of her own. Finnula needs money for her sister's dowry, and fast. Hugo Fitzstephen, returning home to England from the Crusades with saddlebags of jewels, has money, and lots of it. What could be simpler than to kidnap him and hold him for ransom?
Well, for starters, Finnula could make the terrible mistake of falling in love with her hostage.

My Review

Sexy. Formula. Romantic. "Ransom My Heart" was exactly the book I thought it would be. It swept me away into a time of crusaders, knights, and medieval chivalry. The relationship between the two main characters, although improbable and very swift, was passionate and protective. Finnula, the heroine of the novel, is a strong-minded woman who goes against the standards of the time by wearing men's clothing, hunting, and taking hot crusaders for ransom (enough said).

If, however, you are looking for a deep, incredibly well-written book, "Ransom My Heart" is not the novel for you. It is what my english teacher likes to call "brain candy". Personally, I found it to be a light, romantic read. I recommend it to any mushy-gushy, romance lovers out there in search of chivalry and brawn.

WARNING: Although this was a young adult book, the love scenes were VERY explicit!

2 comments:

  1. ROMANTIC!! I like this and it seems like the book for me. And I do like a strong heroine. Meg Cabot never fails to spread love. Hehe.

    Ohhh by the way, I recommend you read Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. It's a series and I think you'll love it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha...thanks for the recommendation Justineee! I will check that series out ;)

    ReplyDelete